Saturday, November 22, 2008

Game On!

Well, it's true, Alan has had a pretty crummy past few months (to put it nicely), but his hunting skills are still working great. These are his "prizes" from the past two weeks...two 8 points and a bobcat. Alan is doing pretty good. He is about to start his third week of Sutent. He is feeling some side effects that just started these past few days. Each day it seems to be something different. We prayed so hard that he would not have to deal with this, but maybe this means it is doing what we need it to do. Kind of like being pregnant and being sick, they say the sicker you are the healthier your baby is...the old wives tale. Of course, I had to throw a few of Sydney and Carson in there too. Carson is just getting over Strep with the rash. Yes, I know...is he ever well. I think he was completely well for 4 days a week ago, but he is doing better. It's just that time of the year when my kids just seem to stay sick. Sydney is doing great though!

And no, Alan did not lift these deer by himself. My dad was there for one deer and Mr. Steve Shields was there for the other. He is still not able to lift much weight.


30 lb. cat

29 lb. kid!

1 comment:

Paul and Paula said...

I LOVE these pictures of Sydney and Carson!!! Alan, way to go with the deer and the bobcat!! Your shooting skills for bobcats are apparently much better than mine! Ha! Seriously...I love this picture of Carson...I think it's one of my favorites so far! Look at that face! So cute!!