Monday, September 15, 2008

We're Still Here!

Hey guys. Yep, we are still in the hospital. Alan's progress is just a little slow and he had a major set back yesterday. They took the NG tube out (tube that runs threw nose down to stomach to pump out stomach bile) two days ago and Alan did fine with that and was able to actually eat a little. Well, yesterday Alan started throwing up and it seemed like it didn't matter what they gave him, he just couldn't keep it down. Anyway, after a long and yucky day, they ended up putting the tube back in about 9 O'clock last night. I know it was an awful experience for Alan and I just had to leave the room when they put it back in. I'm not real happy with the way things were handled yesterday by some of the nurses in the intermediate ICU, but they did move us to a private room (#629) that I can stay in and these nurses have been on the ball and have really helped Alan. He still can't talk on the phone, but I promise I'm letting him know who has called or left comments or emails.
Just in case you are wondering, the biopsy for the tumor was malignant, which we all knew, but just hoped that maybe all of these Drs. were wrong! But of course the great news is they got it and the lymph node was negative. As for meeting with the oncologist, we are still not sure. It might be tomorrow or it might be in two weeks. We are waiting for a little bit more of information on that. I also want Alan to feel well enough to listen to everything he has to say, so it might be in two weeks.

My parents brought Sydney up here yesterday to see us which was GREAT, but not so great for Alan b/c he felt so bad!! We have been missing her and Carson sooooooo much. It's hard to be away from them this long. My dad stayed with Alan and my mom, Sydney and I did Chucky Cheese. It was great.

Thanks again to everyone for the prayers, calls...just everything. Keep those prayers coming for Alan's recovery. It will be hard, but he knows he has great family and friends to help and a wonderful God to give him strength!

7 comments:

RADstitches said...

Thanks for the update. Alan has been so heavy on our minds. Call if you need anything. By the way....the offer still stands.

Pennington Posts said...

Hey girl, talked to Craig earlier and he filled me in. I have been checkin for the updates. Tell Alan I'm praying for him. You take care of yourself too. Love and prayers,

DanandJudy Kersey said...

Melissa, We are praying for all of you and hope yall get to come home soon. God is good and prayer is awesome! Have your mom let me know if there's anything that needs to be done at the house that we can help with. Dan and Judy Kersey

Unknown said...

Hey sweetie! We're still thinking about you guys and keeping you in our prayers. Don't hesitate to let us know if there is something we can do. I know you're so ready for this part to be over with and to be home again. Hopefully, that will be soon! Love to you both. Amber

Ellie said...

Sorry to hear about the set back, we are praying for you both! I know that God has special plans for Alan, hang in there! We love you, if there is anything we can do let me know.
Ellie

Unknown said...

Keep sending the updates on Alan. I check them everyday. You and Alan are special to us and are in our thoughts and prayers.
Love,
Mrs. Sandra

Natalie Gosdin said...

We are praying daily for you both. Stay strong and keep your head up!
With love,
Jonathan, Natalie, and Cantley Gosdin