Saturday, October 3, 2009

Heading to Houston

Well, the weekend has finally arrived that we head back to Houston. I can't say I'm real excited about it. I wish my outlook was a bit more positive, but I'm just a little nervous. I'm nervous about our trip and I'm nervous about Alan's appointment Monday.

I'm sure everyone is anxious to know how we are getting to Houston, so here is the plan:
We have put a mattress in the back of my mom's Expedition. We did a trial run last week to see if Alan could get in the vehicle. He used a step ladder and did pretty good getting in. Then we took a short drive just down the road. He said he could feel every bump, but he said it seemed ok. I know it's not going to be the most comfortable ride for him, but it's the best we could come up with. We did have the option of some family friends flying us down in their plane, but Alan will have to be in a seat, buckled in, during take off and landing. I'm just not sure if he could do all of that. We also wanted a vehicle in Houston that we knew he would be able to travel in, so all in all, my mom's vehicle just seemed the smarter route. Alan's parents will also be traveling with us, but they will be in their car. We can't all travel together since we have the mattress taking up the full back part of my moms. We also need extra room b/c we will have to bring the walker and a wheel chair. So, anyway, that's the plan.

Alan's scans start Monday morning at 9:15. He will have an MRI of his lumbar spine first and then around 10:45 he will have his normal CT. After that I'm sure we will grab a bite to eat close and then go and wait to see Dr. Amato. You never know what time you are going to be called back, so it's just a long day of waiting. I have no idea how Alan is going to be able to handle all of this waiting and having to sit up for so long. This is going to be a long, tough day. Our plan is to head back home Tuesday, unless plans change when we get there.

I'm sure I've forgotten some details, but it's 11:oopm and I'm still not completely packed and by no means ready to go. I feel like I've been in slow motion all day. Maybe because I wanted to be because I'm trying to drag this day out as long as possible. I say it so often, and I'm saying it again....please just pray. Pray for our travels, Alan's pain, Alan's scan results, strength, comfort, healing!! There is no possible way I can stress to you how important my next statement is, but you NEVER know what tomorrow holds for you...NEVER, so I hope you have God in your life!!! If he was not in mine and Alan's I can't even imagine how our life would be right now. I lean on him alot and I know he has a plan....a plan that I'm not allowed to see the future of. Don't you know I have prayed to see the future, but that's not how it work. I struggle with this, but have peace with it too.

Also, please remember in your prayers our good friends Jeff and Lisa Woods. They will be in Houston also this week and Jeff will be getting new scans to see how his new chemo is working. Also remember Blayton Craig. After 7 months of fighting Leukemia, this family is finally all together and home. What a wonderful feeling. Blayton seems to being doing very well. Cancer is everywhere and it is literally a nightmare. For those of you that have never been impacted by this, I pray you never will be. For those of you that have been, I pray for your strength to get through the numbing and uncertain days. As my grandmother would say..."It's the pits!!"

Love and Prayers to you all!!

I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.
Romans 8:18

2 comments:

Pennington Posts said...

O Lord, even as Alan suffers from his illness, We believe in your might. Even as he is besieged by armies of pain, he seeks refuge in you. Help him to feel your presence even more firmly in his life. Give him courage to face anything, to endure everything with you by his side, that he may bless your Holy Name; through Jesus Christ our Lord.


Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; Save me, and I shall be saved, for You are my praise (Jeremiah 17:13-15)

Love and prayers
WE ARE PRAYING!!

Tony Brockwell said...

OUR THOUGHTS, PRAYERS AND LOVE GO WITH YOU.

THE BROCKWELL FAMILY